Queen Street Carpentry and Contracting is looking for an experienced carpenter with a diverse skillset to join our reputable and fast growing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working onsite
- Both independently and leading a small team
- Wood framing and finish carpentry of all sorts
- Build and install unique building components and millwork
- Interior and Exterior work in all seasons
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures
- Historical restoration, replication of unique components
- Communicating and coordinating with management and crew
- Managing schedules to meet deadlines
- Liaising with clients and subtrades
- Acting professionally with clients, partners, and colleagues at all times
- Delivering exceptional quality of work and service
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- 5+ years of carpentry experience – preferably in the residential sector
- Experience with period architecture is a serious asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Own vehicle for personal transportation throughout the Niagara Region
- Security and Safety Bondable
- A positive attitude
- Good work ethic
- Effective communication skills
- Highly organized and reliable
- Motivated to learn, develop, and grow with the business
- References that we can call upon
- Own Tools/Equipment: CSA Steeltoed safety boots, Hard hat, pouch and basic hand tools
- Must be able to safely perform frequent lifting, bending, squatting, working overhead etc.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Working at Heights Training/Fall Arrest, Aerial work platform Certification
Starting pay, depending on experience, is from $25.00 + / hour.
Interested in the position? Please email us with your resume and a cover letter on why you think you would be a great fit for this role.
We appreciate the interest from all applicants. Please note that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.