We’re looking for an experienced carpenter with a diverse skill-set to join our reputable and growing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
– Working on-site independently, co-operatively, and leading a team
– Demolition, framing, occasional insulation and weatherproofing
– Install exterior finishes: Wood and Fibre Cement siding and mouldings, flashings and aluminum work, porch columns and exterior details
– Install interior finishes: flooring of all sorts, tile and waterproofing systems, cabinetry and countertops, occasional drywall
– Finish carpentry: machine and install doors and hardware, mouldings of all sorts, custom wainscotting and ceiling treatments, occasional reclaimed material work
– Interior and Exterior work in all seasons
– Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures
– Historical restoration and wood exterior maintenance, replication of unique components
– Communicating and coordinating with management and crew
– Troubleshoot site issues in a team environment
– Managing schedules to meet deadlines.
– Liaising with clients and sub-trades
– Acting professionally with clients, partners, and colleagues at all times.
– Delivering exceptional quality of work and service.
– Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
– 5+ years of carpentry experience
– Residential sector with a focus on renovations
– Experience with century homes is a serious asset
– Adept use of a smartphone: time and project tracking, photos, email and text
– Valid driver’s license and vehicle for personal transportation throughout the Niagara Region
– Security and Safety Bondable
– A positive attitude
– Impeccable work ethic
– Excellent communication skills
– Highly organized and reliable
– Motivated to learn, develop, and grow with the business
– References that we can call upon
– Own Tools/Equipment: smartphone with data, safety boots, hard hat, pouch and basic hand tools
– Must be able to safely and routinely perform frequent lifting, bending, squatting, working overhead etc.
– Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
– Working at Heights Training/Fall Arrest, Aerial work platform Certification
Starting pay is depending on experience and performance
Interested in the position? Please email us with your resume and a cover letter on why you think you would be a great fit for this role. Include the word “resume” in the subject line of your email eg: John Smith Resume
We appreciate the interest from all applicants. Please note that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
RESIDENTIAL RENOVATION: 5 years
Required license or certification:
VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE